Leadership requires wide-angle vision and balance - between the here-and-now, and what is required to remain relevant in the future. As we transition from a knowledge-based to a wisdom-based economy, it's no longer just about what you know as a leader, but what you do with the knowledge you possess. In coming to grips with today's new normal, leaders must face their greatest fears head-on and get on with the business at hand. Here are five things leaders are thinking, but not talking enough about:
- I don't have all the answers.
- I have difficulty relating to the younger generation.
- Diversity makes me uncomfortable.
- I am uncertain about the future.
- My leadership skills are not relevant.